Gatehouse deadbolt locks are secure locks that are easy to install and ideal for household purposes. These high-tech locks come with several features such as auto-relock, alarm, a backup mechanism, and more. This set of features is sure to increase the security of your home.
If you want to reset the programming code of your Gatehouse deadbolt lock and don’t know how to do so, this article is your go-to source.
In this article, we will learn how to factory reset the programming code, add or delete user codes, and more. But before we begin, keep in mind that factory resetting your Gatehouse lock means that all the previous programming codes will be erased. This means that you will have to set the user code and enable other features all over again.
How to Factory Reset the Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock
Follow these simple steps to reset your keypad lock to its factory settings:
- Step 1: First, remove the interior battery cover and remove one battery.
- Step 2: Now, press the SET button and hold it for some time.
- Step 3: Place the battery back while still holding the SET button. Release the button afterward.
- Step 4: You will notice a green light flashing with two beep sounds. This means the lock was reset successfully.
Note that, as mentioned above, factory resetting your lock will erase all the user codes and features. What this means is that you will need to create new user codes and re-enable the features you want.
How to Change the Default User Code in a Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock
All Gatehouse electronic keypad locks come with a preset, default user code: 123456. This is also the master code to access all other settings. You need this programming code when you want to add or delete any user code or reset the lock to resolve any issues. You should change your default user code to a unique code for better security.
Let us look at how you can change your default programming code on your lock:
- Step 1: Hit the SET button and hold it for a few seconds until you see a red light flashing and hear a beep sound twice — this way, the lock is put in programming mode. You will find the SET button inside the interior assembly. To access the button, you will first need to remove the interior cover.
- Step 2: Enter your default programming code and hit the lock button. Usually, the default programming code is 123456 and may still be valid if not changed previously.
- Step 3: Now enter 1 and 0 and hit the lock button again. You can now enter a new 6-digit code and hit the press button.
If you see a red light flashing for about 10 seconds, it means that the default programming code of your Gatehouse electronic deadbolt was changed successfully. Your new programming code is now active.
Apply the same method to change user codes. When changing codes, make sure to check that the code works by testing the lock with the new code.
How to Generate a New User Code on Your Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock
User codes help you unlock your door without the use of physical keys. So after you have reset your programming code, you will need to create a user code.
You can set around ten different user codes in your lock and share the codes among people whom you want to give access to your home. The user code has to be a 6-digit code.
Here’s how you can generate a new user code on your Gatehouse electronic deadbolt lock.
- Step 1: Press and hit the SET button present in the interior assembly. Hold the button until you hear the beep sound twice and the red light flashing. The lock will be set to programming mode.
- Step 2: Now, enter your current programming code. Hit the lock button.
- Step 3: Enter numbers 2 and 0 and hit the lock button.
- Step 4: Now, you can enter a 6-digit user code and hit the lock button.
When you see a red light blinking for about 10 seconds, it means the new code was added successfully.
How to Erase the User Code on Your Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock
If you want to delete the user code on your Gatehouse electronic lock, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Hit the SET button and hold it until a red light illuminates, along with a beep sound twice.
- Step 2: Enter your programming code and hit the lock button.
- Step 3: Now, enter numbers 3 and 0 and hit the lock button. Enter the code that you want to erase and hit the lock button.
Keep in mind you can delete one user code at a time with these steps above. When you see a red light flashing for about 10 seconds along with a beep sound, it means the code was successfully deleted from the settings.
Can You Delete All Existing User Codes at Once?
Yes, you can. The Gatehouse electronic keypad deadbolt lock lets you delete all the existing user code at once. Follow these steps to delete all stored user codes at once:
- Step 1: Hit the SET button and hold it until you see a red light flashing along with a beep sound. This will indicate the lock is set to programming mode.
- Step 2: Now, enter your programming code and hit the lock button.
- Step 3: Enter numbers 4 and 0 and hit the lock button.
- Step 4: Hit the Clear button ( c ) and hold it for three seconds.
This is all you need to do to erase all existing user codes at once. When you have completed the steps above, you will notice a green light illuminating with one beep sound. Then a red LED will light up for about 10 seconds. This will indicate that all the existing user codes have been successfully deleted from the settings.
How Can You Lock and Unlock a Gatehouse Electronic Keypad Deadbolt Lock?
- When You Want to Lock From Outside: Make sure to close the door properly and hit the lock button to lock your door.
- When You Want to Lock From Inside: Rotate the interior thump in a horizontal position to lock your door.
- When You Want to Unlock From Outside: To unlock the door from outside, you need to enter the user code that you have set.
- When You Want to Unlock From Inside: To unlock the door from inside, try turning the interior thumb to a vertical position.
The Gatehouse electronic lock also comes with a key, so you can lock and unlock using the key if you forget the code.
How to Enable Auto-Lock Feature in Your Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock
If you enable the auto-lock feature, the door gets locked automatically if left open for more than 10 seconds or so. However, this only works when your door is closed.
To enable the auto-lock feature in your deadbolt lock, follow the steps below:
- Remove the interior assembly cover of the lock to access the auto-lock button. The auto-lock button is located inside the interior assembly of the lock.
- Once you locate the auto-lock button, turn it on to activate the feature.
- You can switch it off anytime you want to deactivate the auto-lock feature.
What to Do if the Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock is Not Working
If the Gatehouse electronic deadbolt lock is not working, the first thing you can do is to check the battery status. If it indicates a low battery, the lock will not work until you replace the batteries. The lock will indicate a yellow light if the battery is low.
Remove the battery and try installing it again correctly to solve this problem. If it still does not work, replace them immediately. Use fresh batteries and don’t mix them with the old ones. Replace all the batteries together for better performance. If your lock is still not working, try to factory reset it or contact the manufacturer for help.
Why Am I Unable to Change the Programming Code of My Gatehouse Deadbolt Lock?
You may be unable to change the programming code on your Gatehouse lock because you did not enter your new code within 10 seconds. You need to enter the new code within a period of 10 seconds when you go to change the programming code.
If it is still not working, try resetting the code and start all over again.
It is a fairly easy process to install and reset the default settings of your Gatehouse electronic deadbolt lock if you follow the procedures detailed above correctly. As a final word of advice, when you set a new user code, make sure to note it down somewhere in case you ever forget it. We hope this article will help you make the most out of your Gatehouse deadbolt lock and resolve any technical issues with it.